Here is what you need to know about Special Beginnings, the safety of our families, and our new policies in response to COVID-19.
- Despite the recent updates to our community shut down, Special Beginnings WILL remain open. We are considered essential workers and will work hard to continue to provide normalcy for your children each day.
- We will be happy to work with you on scheduling changes such as adding a day or switching a day. We want you to know that we support your changing work schedules and will do our best to accommodate.
- If you wish to reduce days or temporarily disenroll, please know that while we understand these are challenging times for many families, we are still open for business and planning on your children. Please reach out to your Director if you have questions about your enrollment.
- We are offering Spring care for families with school-age children whose school year has abruptly come to an end. If you need information about enrollment, please contact our School Age Director, Miss Treva, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to continue to keep our families and staff healthy, and in turn our doors open, we are asking for more help from our families. Here are some new policies and procedures that will be effective Monday morning, March 23rd.
- All parents are asked to take their child’s temperature each morning. If you child is running anything but a normal temperature, we ask that you do not bring them to the center. Please do not put our ability to provide care at risk by medicating children and bringing them in with fevers. We know that small children run temperatures for many reasons, but we are asking for your support.
- All parents are asked to wait at the front door of our centers and allow a staff member to greet you and walk your child to and from their classroom. We will be sure to relay information to classroom teachers. If a staff member is not up front when you arrive at the door, (we may be checking in another child), please wait out front (with proper social distancing from others, or in your car) and we will be with you shortly.
- Upon arrival you will be asked what your child’s temperature was at home that morning and it will be documented. If you have not taken their temperature, we will ask you to wait while we take it. Please help us keep the mornings running smoothly by taking their temps at home before drop-off.
- If you have two car seats in your home or if the same parent drops off and picks up, please leave car seats in your car for the next few weeks. This will cut down on germs coming in the center.
Here are some extra measures our team is taking to keep your children safe.
- No packages are allowed in the center. All deliveries are being dropped off outside the doors and staff members are wearing gloves and opening them outside before bringing the contents in the buildings.
- All playground equipment is being disinfected after each class is outside.
- Outside time will be limited to each age group using a certain area at a time. Smaller groups will allow for more spacing.
- Our traveling staff (those who work at more than one location) have now been assigned to only one center to work at for as long as possible.
- Our weekly cleaning tasks have been moved to our daily lists.
- Doors and doorknobs, as well as keypads are being cleaned several times per day.
Please remember to update us on your child’s attendance. We will be expecting them and would like to know if they will be staying home with you.
Finally, we know this is a stressful time for many families. Please let us know how we can best serve you and support you during this time.
Thank you for sharing your children with us, it is a blessing to share our days with them.
Your Administrative Team,
Mary, Anne, Jean, Treva & Chris